Disney Momiac

The Magical (and not so Magical) tales of a Disney Momiac


Doing my best to bring you a new tale every week....sometimes twice a week! Also look for Weekend "Randomness", but only randomly....

Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

It was dark . All light and magic had left, drowned out by blackness glowing with swirling angry hues of green, red, purple and blue. Evil mist permeated the chamber, filling me with sadness and dread. Compelling me to admit defeat. Lonely howls of those who have gone before me and lost echoed in the blackened void. They called for me to run. Howled that I couldn't win. The Sorceress materialized and stood before me. Giant and looming, her presence not to be denied. She closely resembled Maleficent, with long dark horns atop her head. She had large yellow eyes, and breath so rank that it could even knock out Chuck Norris. She sneered and snickered at me, challenging me, daring me to withstand her. In her high pitched cackle she asked, "What can you do now? You escaped me once, do you think I will let you do it again?" I tossed a box of tic tac's at her as she blew another blast of foul breath in my direction. Yech! I frantically looked around the chamber seeking anything that might aide me, a gas mask perhaps?  I noticed a bag on the floor next to me. It was black, red and yellow with a Mickey head stitched on the front. With a spark of hope, I reached down slowly to grab it, trying not to let her know it was there. I quickly opened it, pleading that there would be something inside to help me. As it opened, light, magic and happiness flooded out. She let out a high pitched wail, and covered her face with her cape. "How did that get here?" She spat and cursed. I reached inside, pulled out a pair of Mickey ears and popped them on my head. I stood up taller and looked right into her wicked yellow eyes. "I am not afraid of you!" I yelled, still fighting my better instincts to run and admit defeat. She let out a low vile hiss at the proclamation and surrounded the chamber with fire. "Remain calm," I tried to remind myself. Wolves she had conjured, started stalking toward me; walking out from the very depths of the fire. Each one yipping out a doubt; "You don't have enough time to plan", "You will fail your family", "You will miss the best and most magical events", "You will never get that Remy reservation", "A cabana on Castaway Cay? Who are you kidding?" I had to stop listening to them! I shook my head and focused on blocking them out. Clutching the bag, I reached inside again. To my surprise, I found Tinker Belle! "What are you doing in there?" I asked, astonished "We need to get out of here!" Tinker Bell just smiled and shook her head, the faintest tinkling sound could be heard over the roar of the fire and the wrathful spell the Sorceress was beginning to chant. Tink  held up her little hands over her head. In them she held a ball of light. In the ball of light, I could barely make out a picture of  Thing 1 and Thing 2, hubby and myself smiling in front of Cinderella's Castle on our first trip to Disney World. Of course! "You smart little pixi! My happy thought!" I quickly lifted the little ball from Tink and dropped the bag. The ball grew larger and larger and I held it over my head. "NO!" the shrill exclamation from the Sorceress filled the most hollow corners of the chamber. She stopped her wicked chanting, trying to come up with a new plan. I smiled, gave her a wink and hurled the ball right at her. "You will no longer haunt me you evil keeper of doubt! I will defeat you and give my family the best Disney Cruise ever!" The ball of light crashed into her and consumed her, washing out her evil screams and filling the room with light. Then the light morphed, projecting new pictures in front of me. Me and my family, on the deck of the Fantasy waving goodbye at sail away. My trip perfectly planned and a week of magic and dreams waiting for us. It was my perfect fantasy! I saw the bag at my feet with my cruise "book" sticking out of the top. I had done it! I had perfectly prepared and planned our vacation! I awoke with a start. Sat up in bed, and shook my head, expecting pixi dust to fall out. "Man, I really do need a vacation." I mumbled to myself, "and how the heck did Chuck Norris get in there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment