Disney Momiac

The Magical (and not so Magical) tales of a Disney Momiac


Doing my best to bring you a new tale every week....sometimes twice a week! Also look for Weekend "Randomness", but only randomly....

Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Be your own Fairy Godmother!

Aside from your wedding, what other time in your life do you get your picture taken, all the time, from every angle? You've guessed it! Any Disney visit. I tell you those random  PhotoPass people walking around are like highly trained Special Ops snipers! They are everywhere! Here you are walking along, and BAM! Photo Sniper pops right out of the bushing yelling "Say Mickey!" and grabs your card and then off they go in search of new prey! Oh sure, they have the ones being nice and waiting for you to come up to them at choice locations : The Castle, Main Street, Epcot ball and so on. Those are the "newbies". I believe they are part of the Snipers in Training program. No, the more experienced, higher paid Photo Snipers are the ones you always have to look out for and be prepared for! They will be sure to catch you when you least expect it. They tell you they are trying to capture that unexpected magical moment. . . . I think they are holding those photos as ransom to make sure you visit the parks again or that oh so Non-Magical moment they capture will show up all over Facebook!

I remember when I was running the full marathon. Things were getting a little uh, difficult, around Mile 22. I remember my Hubby had called at one point to cheer me on. He had the best intentions, but unfortunately for him, that was so not the right time to call. I remember saying some not so nice things to him and then hanging up, shoving the phone back into my fanny pack. I felt the pack vibrate again meaning I had a text....a TEXT! Sorry babe, little busy right now, so not even going to look at it. Well, Hubby is a really great guy (shhh don't tell him I said so!) and had texted something still really nice, even after my phone rant. God bless him. Although I didn't read it until after I finished, the fact that he would take a verbal beating then still be encouraging? At that point, I was also starting to feel a bit green around the gills. I kept looking for a spot in the pristine Disney wilderness I was running through, to toss my cookies. Every time I found a spot that would work, wouldn't you know it, a Photo Sniper would pop up from seemingly nowhere and take yet another picture! Uuugughhhh! They clearly had their highest trained sniper crew on that day! Sorry buddy! You are so not getting a chance to snap that picture! I feel bad, but I still have my pride and standards! Remember, my parents raised a lady! I never got a chance to have a nice, peaceful retching moment, because there was no nice, peaceful non-sniper place to be found. At least I only had 4.2 miles left. Yeah, not that far right!?

After all the money and planning that goes into a Disney vacation, the only thing you have left when it is over are the memories and the millions of pictures that you took or that the PhotoPass Snipers have provided. So, like your wedding day, you better be prepared for it! You need to start early and become your own Fairy Godmother! If you don't feel the need to do it for yourself and all your photos, than do it for the millions of other photos that you will be in the background in! Those other guests paid a lot of money for their vacations too and they are going to have tons of photos also. Do you really want to be "that" person in the background that helps make their vacation picture now worthy of the Awkward Family Photos site? I thought not!

We all try to loose weight before vacation, especially one that involves the dreaded swim-suit! We all love relaxing at the beach and by the pool, but walking about in that swim-suit always brings feelings of guilt and horror. Worst part of vacation prep: buying the new swim-suit! Sure some of you are naturally perfect. Good for you. Since I am trying to keep this G-rated, I can't really comment on your perfect status. I will keep telling myself you are oh so lacking in many other areas in life, that the only thing perfect about you is that body and the way you look strolling around un-jiggly in your swim wear! I know that's not nice, so I'll blame the inner two year old! I have struggled with my weight my whole life. Aside from when I was 18, had my red,white and blue bikini, everything was where it was supposed to be and nothing jiggled. Thankfully I have pictures of that time to remember the perfection. Of course at the time I didn't appreciate and thought myself fat, stupid teenagers! Any other time, it's been hit or miss with the weight. Currently I am close to what I want to be, but not 100% swimsuit vacation picture ready. So, I have become my own Fairy Godmother. My magical wand doesn't work so quickly, but it will work, Darn-it! I have put myself on a "healthy lifestyle" diet back in August. Loosing weight, but being healthy about it so hopefully I can keep it off and maintain. I am now stepping it up to the "HOLY COW my vacation is in how many days diet?" A little flick of the magical wand, for added will power. . . . . lean protein, healthy veggies and fruits. I have also been tanning (I know, I know.....but I love the sun and tan fat looks so much better than white fat!) and I have moved up my gym time to 5 days a week. A run, weights and another run. Even if the results do not lead (and they wont) to that perfect swimsuit body, I will have results and I will be happy for my efforts. I use this time at the gym to think more about my Fantasy Disney cruise and I also try to look at it as a treat for myself. No, it's not as fun as a day at the spa, but it's the time during the day that I am doing something really good for myself, so it's a treat! Besides, the extra muscle and stamina will help me chase down those Photo Snipers if they take any pictures from un-flattering angles. Thank you Fairy Godmother!

Next wave of the Fairy Godmother wand. . . . . Facials! Ideally, your pictures will have your face in them. I have several beach vacation photos with my hair and face all greasy and sweaty. Uuughhh...everyone else looks great in the picture! Well, I am doing my best to fight that for this vacation. I have started giving myself facials twice a week. . . .one of the steps in them is a great secret that I will share with you. My sister and I both suffered (and I mean suffered!) from acne as teenagers. I still suffer, but unlike my parents, I took myself to the dermatologist and now have it under control. When we were teenagers and out shopping with my mother, an old Asian woman walked up to us, looked at my sister and tisked. "Such a pretty face, so many red spots." She then gave us a secret that we still use. It works great for wrinkles and any thing else for the face. It really is such an awesome facial "treat". I know when you first hear it you are going to think "do what?!" but I am telling you, try it. . . . at least 3 days a week for 2 -3 weeks before you decide you don't want to. I promise your face will glow! Take an egg. Separate it. Put the egg yoke on your face. Let it dry- about 10 -15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. Then shower and use your regular face wash regimen. Trust me. I had not done it for a long time and started again to Fairy Godmother myself and I could not figure out why I had stopped doing it!

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. . . . .The Fairy Godmother steps up for the rest of the obvious fun preparations! Hair. . . Check! Thankfully I already have a Fairy Godmother for my hair, so that step really isn't much I have to work on. I just need to call and book the appointment! Nails (r) I already also have a Fairy Godmother for my mani/pedi's. No crusty feet here! Something extra and fun to add to your nails. . . .  I have a good friend who told me about Del Sol's sun changing nail polish!!!! http://www.delsol.com/eSource/ecom/eSource/items/items-2-S1-lV12-lV215.aspx?store= You are welcome! The polish is one color out of the sun and changes to a different color in the sun! So stinkin' cool! I hope to see you all sporting it at one time or another! Just think, the whole time of your vacation, it will look like you were getting manicures, because your fingers will be different colors from the outdoor to indoor pictures!

The best part of being my own Fairy Godmother for this Fantasy cruise. . . . . it gives me something else to work on and plan! It has been so difficult having 3 days at sea on our cruise, and not being able to plan them! I now have found the perfect way to still be able to work on my cruise, by working on me! Hopefully with all the PhotoPass Snipers on the Fantasy, at Castaway Cay and our own family snipers, I will be ready for every picture. That way when I look back on the pictures and the memories from that trip I will just see my family having our Magical Moments, not jiggly, greasy, sweaty. . . . oh you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment